We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is excited to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will actually design yourself and work with external UI/UX designers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Meetingselect is a vibrant and fast-growing tech company in the hospitality business with 40+ employees in its Netherlands Headquarters. The company has shown exponential growth to above 50M€ revenues. We offer flexible hours, informal atmosphere and use of the latest technologies in our headquarters near Amsterdam.
- Develop and maintain the .NET applications within Meetingselect platform.
- Implement the architectural changes following best coding practice
- Participate in peer reviews
- Write reusable code and libraries for future use keeping adhering to the leads vision
- Design and solution new features using the appropriate technology to achieve performance and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with the backend team to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Work with customers and meeting venues world-wide
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in a Front-End Developer or comparable position, preferably in the hospitality or travel industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Problem solving abilities, result-driven, analytical and good communication skills
- Stress resistant, independent, pro-active, creative and accurate
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Excellent working experience of .NET and vue.js
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Understanding of Nuxt & SSR, Tailwind, Cypress & Jest
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
What we offer
- Informal atmosphere
- Flexible hours
- 32-40 hours work week
- 8% annual vacation allowance, 25 vacation days based on fulltime employment
- Yearly personal development budget (education, training, workshop)
- Compensation retirement arrangement
- Collective insurance with 10% discount on insurance premium
- Young, dynamic and growing company
- Agent discounts at international hotel chains for a private trip
Are you excited to be part of an international scaling company? Please send your resume together with a letter or video of motivation (both in English) to [email protected] att. Willemijn Leijs stating “Front-End Developer”.