Meetingselect is specialized in Strategic Meeting Management and offers Award-winning innovative venue sourcing software solutions. Through our Meeting Booking Platform, customers streamline and automate their entire end to end process for sourcing meeting & event spaces and workspaces.
We are a vibrant and fast-growing tech company in the hospitality business. We want to make sure that our clients can easily book their meetings and have a clear overview of all their (current) bookings and costs. There are over 40 colleagues in our Dutch Headquarters near Amsterdam. We are a young, enthusiastic and self-driven company and we are looking for colleagues who like to take ownership and are ready to grow together with us.
As an Event Manager you will be responsible for finding the perfect venue for workshops, meetings, training courses, congresses and events for our customers via the Meetingselect platform. You advise customers on the best venues and opportunities in the market and you negotiate the best prices and conditions. Furthermore you are responsible for the correct export of administrative data of current applications for the Administration.
You will be working from home, however a couple of days a week you will be asked to go to the office of one of our biggest clients to support them with all the events.
You will be part of Team International. The team currently consists of 4 colleagues and we are looking for a new colleague in the USA to expand this team! Together with Team International you ensure that the commercial objectives are achieved.
- Sourcing Support (if required by the client)
- Program Qualification support (if required, all information should be provided in the meetings request form)
- Review & verification of Meeting Request Approval Forms
- Managing urgent and/or high priority meetings requests
- Support coordinating off large events, including coordination of the flights with travel agency or other partners as assigned and the business visa team on upcoming events that may require support
- Host/ attend weekly meetings/operations calls to track and review service delivery
- Attend and present updates at monthly meeting with the team
- Support the creation & design of trainings; seminars; communications for meetings planners to provide program education and drive policy compliance
- Reinforce standard operating procedures and communicate policy
- Identify & evaluate meetings planning process efficiencies
- Collaborate with global travel supplier manager; global corporate card manager & business visa teams to support operations & efficient issue resolution to enhance the user experience
- Work with global security team lead on duty of care matters relating to meetings management
- Maintain and update customers’ customized sourcing platform to include policy updates; preferred supplier updates and pricing
- Managing a list of customer requests, ranging from simple to complex requests
- Accurately monitoring and processing questions and requests from customers
- Conduct pre and post sales conversations with customers, you have a strong advisory role in this
- Negotiating the best rates, commission and conditions for each RFP
- Sending and managing contract RFPs (customer-venue-Meetingselect)
- Switching and mediating between different stakeholders (customer-venue-Meetingselect)
- The correct handling of administrative tasks for correct invoicing of venues
- Executing requests from sales support or the sales team
- Preparing and giving web demos to end users and potential customers of our platform
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in similar function for 2-5 years
- Based in USA, within driving distance of San Francisco is a plus
- You work partly from home and partly as an Implant Event Manager for one of our major customers based in San Francisco
- People minded and ambitious with a strong commercial focus
- Independent, pro-active, enthusiastic, stress proof, energetic, professional and competitive attitude
- Familiar with Teams and Salesforce
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language, in both word and writing.
What we offer
- Informal atmosphere
- Flexible hours
- 32-40 hours work week
- 8% annual vacation allowance, 25 vacation days based on fulltime employment
- Young, dynamic and growing company
- Agent discounts at international hotel chains for a private trip
Are you excited to be part of an international scaling company? Please send your resume together with a letter or video of motivation (both in English) to [email protected] att. Willemijn Leijs and as subject: “Event Manager San Francisco”.