We are looking for a motivated Back-End Developer who loves to combine the art of design with the art of programming and is analytical & result driven. You will be involved in analysing current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems and create a value driven and seamless experience for users and an excellent team player.
Meetingselect is a vibrant and fast-growing tech company in the hospitality business with 40+ employees in its Netherlands Headquarters. The company has shown exponential growth to above 50M€ revenues. We offer flexible hours, informal atmosphere and use of the latest technologies in our headquarters near Amsterdam.
- As a back-end developer you would be working with the team to develop and maintain the .NET applications within Meetingselect platform.
- Development should be done keeping the new architectural changes and trends in market.
- Write reusable code and libraries for future use keeping adhering to the leads vision
- Design and solution new features using the appropriate technology to achieve performance and scalability
- Ensure end to end development (from front-end response time, to backend performance and scaling and monitoring and logging of the key events) adhering to the defined architecture.
- Architectural improvement ideas are always welcome.
- Collaborate with other team members
- Collaborate with customers and meeting venues world-wide
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of .NET core and MVC
- Experience in building microservices,
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS and understanding of frameworks like Vue.JS or ReactJS, Nuxt
- Knowledge of Postgres is a plus
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as C# and operating systems may be required. .NET Core on Linux, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch
- Experience working in Agile teams with Scrum
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Azure devops is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of mobile app development and trends is a plus
What we offer
- Informal atmosphere
- Flexible hours
- 32-40 hours work week
- 8% annual vacation allowance, 25 vacation days based on fulltime employment
- Yearly personal development budget (education, training, workshop)
- Compensation retirement arrangement
- Collective insurance with 10% discount on insurance premium
- Young, dynamic and growing company
- Agent discounts at international hotel chains for a private trip
Are you excited to be part of an international scaling company? Please send your resume together with a letter or video of motivation (both in English) to [email protected] att. Willemijn Leijs stating “Back-End Developer”.